Top 10 Shopify Plus Apps for Enterprise eCommerce Stores
What if you could get a sneak peek into the Shopify Plus stores doing 8-9 figures in revenue and getting 10K+ visitors every day, and see the apps that most of them are using?
We studied the tech stacks of the top 25 Shopify stores (ranked according to their monthly traffic) and reviewed the Shopify Plus apps they use to drive business.
Let’s look at the top 25 Shopify stores we analyzed:
|Store Name||Visitors per day|
|Pura Vida Bracelets||25,000|
|Viral Ecom Adz||23,200|
Here are the top 10 Shopify Plus apps used by these stores:
|Shopify Plus App||What the app does|
|Yotpo||Reviews and customer photos collection tool|
|Klaviyo||Email marketing & SMS platform|
|Refersion||Affiliate & influencer marketing Platform|
|Pushowl||Push notifications (on web or mobile) tool|
|Privy||Pop-ups, cart abandonment emails, and triggered SMS platform|
|Smile.io||Reward and loyalty programs designing platform|
|Gorgias||Customer support and live chat platform|
|ReCharge||Subscriptions or recurring billing payments platform|
|Bold Upsell||Upsell & cross-sell offer creation tool|
|Adroll||Online advertising and retargeting tool|
Out of these 10 apps, the most popular apps are – Klaviyo (for email and SMS marketing) and Yotpo (for reviews and reward programs), with more than 50% of all stores using these. Refersion, Adroll and Privy are next in popularity.
Let’s read more about all of the top 10 apps.
Yotpo is a product review and reward program app.
With this app, you can:
- Collect & display reviews, ratings & customer photographs: Use these as social proofs to improve your product page’s conversions.
- Create reward & referral programs: Rewards will create brand loyalty, and referrals will help in word-of-mouth marketing.
Brands that use it: ColourPop, Gymshark
Pricing: Available on request. Pricing is based on monthly orders, traffic, products, and domains so it increases as your store grows. To give you an idea, their starting plan costs $19/month for up to 500 orders.
Best for: If you want to use user-generated content to build social proof.
Klaviyo is an email & SMS marketing platform.
With Klaviyo, you can:
- Create email marketing campaigns: You can create emails, schedule them, and see the performance of your email campaigns. You can also send automated emails such as welcome email or cart abandonment reminder.
- Create SMS campaigns: Send personalized SMS based on customer activity, such as reminding them about their abandoned cart or announcing a new product launch.
Brands that use it: ColourPop, Ana Luisa, HYGO shop
10-50K contacts: $700/month
50-100K contacts: $1,200/month
No annual contracts, only monthly billing.
Best for: If you want an email & SMS marketing app that easily integrates with Shopify
Refersion is an affiliate & influencer Marketing Platform.
With this app, you can:
- Hire & track affiliates: Get access to Refersion’s network of qualified affiliates. You can also track affiliates promoting your products in an easy to use dashboard.
- Automate Commissions: Save time by automating commission payments every month or based on products sold.
Create built-in referral programs: Invite customers to be part of your affiliate program and become advocates of your product after their purchase.
Brands that use it: Naked Wolfe, ColourPop, Pura Vida Bracelets
Pricing: Enterprise-level costs (For track unlimited affiliate orders/month) are available on request.
To give you an idea, it starts with $89/month for Professional Plan (for tracking up to 130 affiliate orders/month).
Best for: If you want to scale your affiliate or influencer marketing
Pushowl is used to create mobile and desktop push notifications.
With this app, you can:
- Create push notifications: Create automated workflows to send Abandoned cart reminders, browse abandonment, price drop, back in stock, or shipping status push notifications.
- Schedule push notifications: Scheduled your notification campaigns for holidays, festivals, and sales ahead of time.
Track performance: Track impressions, clicks, and revenue attributed to your notifications so that you can see what works and what needs to be changed.
Brands that use it: Cettire, Fashion Nova, Carolazeta
Pricing: Pricing for more than 30,000 impressions is available on request.
For 30,000 impressions, it costs $57/month.
Best for: Increasing retention and sending relevant information to the audience without worrying about email spam filters or requiring people to visit the app.
Privy helps you create pop-ups, emails, and text messages. It also syncs with Klaviyo to automatically add subscribers to your list.
With Privy, you can:
- Create high converting pop-ups: Create website popups, banners, or embedded forms to collect emails and grow your subscribers. You can also show a popup reminder or coupon when customers leave without completing checkout. This will help convert more website visitors.
- Save abandoned carts with emails: Create abandoned cart emails once, and Privy will automatically send them to customers who leave items in the cart.
- Send triggered text messages: Send SMS to welcome a new subscriber with coupons or remind customers about their abandoned carts.
Brands that use it: Unitude, xVESSEL
For Pop-functionality (called Privy Convert)
$250 For 100K pageviews/month
$350 for 500K pageviews/month
For SMS functionality (called Privy Text)
$1000 for 10K contacts per month
For Email functionality (called Privy Email)
$505 for 100K emails
$1005 for 200K emails
Best for: If you wish to engage website visitors with targeted popups and grow your mailing list or if you want to reduce cart abandonment with exit intents.
Smile.io is used to design reward and loyalty programs. It helps you do that in three ways:
- Loyalty program: Use a points system to reward your customers for every kind of engagement (profile creation, social sharing, purchase, etc.)
- VIP program: Identify your most loyal customers and enhance their brand experience through additional discounts, free shipping perks, etc.
- Referral program: Create popups and emails to encourage customers to refer like-minded people using personalized links.
Brands that use it: Ana Luisa, KingIce, Carolazeta
Pricing: For enterprise clients, it starts from $1000 and provides unlimited integrations, APIs and custom reports.
Best for: If you want to improve customer retention with branded reward programs.
Gorgias is a customer support and live chat platform.
You can use this to:
- Manage customer support tickets from various channels: Gorgias helps you manage conversations in email, live chat, phone, Facebook, Instagram, and contact us page in one unified view. This increases the efficiency of your customer support team.
- Set up automated responses: Set up automatic replies & bot to answer common customer tickets like “what’s the refund policy?”. This will eliminate ticket backlog and reduce ticket first response time.
- Live chat with customers: You can trigger live chat on important pages like checkout or the high-ticket item product page. This helps you respond instantly to customers and have a better conversion rate.
Brands that use it: Ana Luisa, Miansai, HeySilkySkin
Price: Costs $625/month (billed annually) for 6,000 tickets per month. For more ticket volume, custom pricing is available on request.
Best for: Centralizing your customer support tickets from various platforms (email, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter) at one single help desk platform.
ReCharge is a payments platform used to handle subscriptions or recurring billing on Shopify stores.
With this platform, you can:
- Automate subscription model: Automate your subscription payment model using rules such as discount the first delivery or move customers into a paid subscription at the end of a free trial.
- Enable customers to update subscriptions: Customers can update subscription choices, like frequency, quantity, or delivery schedules. They can also pause subscriptions or swap items. This will all help in reducing churn and customer support tickets.
- Manage expiring credit cards: Recharge will re-trying failed payments and send email reminders to subscribers with soon-to-expire cards.
Brands that use it: BlendJet
Pricing: Their Pro Plan that gives advanced analytics, custom domain etc., starts at $300/month plus 1% + 19¢ per transaction.
Best for: If you have a subscription product and want to give your customers flexibility to manage their subscriptions from your website.
9) Bold Upsell
Bold Upsell app helps you create popups to recommend additional products to customers based on their cart items. These will help increase average order value and customer lifetime value.
With this app, you can:
- Create upsell funnels: Show upsell offers that are dynamically updated based on the total cart value or products in the cart. For example, offer free shipping if the cart value reaches beyond a certain value.
- Cross-sell products: Offer complementary products that work well with the ones already in your customers’ carts. For example, offer filter paper if someone is buying coffee beans from your store.
Brands that use it: HeySilkySkin, SHASHI
Pricing: Pricing for 5000 views of the upsell per month starts from $59.99/month. The price for a higher number of views is available on request.
Best for: If you want to increase your average order value.
Adroll helps you to advertise online and run retargeting campaigns to re-engage your website visitors.
With this app, you can:
- Show personalized ads: Show ads of products from the website in carousel format to people who browsed but left without a purchase.
- Send retargeting emails: Send personalized emails to people who browsed your website but didn’t convert or left items in the cart. You can also cross-sell or upsell to your recent buyers with personalized recommendations.
Brands that use it: Miansai, SHASHI, Ana Luisa
Pricing: Ads are priced dynamically based on CPM and that will depend on the ad inventory they buy for you. This will be billed separately from the subscription cost that starts from $19/month.
Best for: Running ads relevant to the customer journey.
Which Shopify Plus apps should you use?
Not all of the apps mentioned above might be useful for your store. You will have to choose which ones will be helpful based on the goals and requirements you have.
But we do have our top 3 favorites that will help every Shopify store grow their business.
These top 3 apps are:
Klaviyo, an email marketing platform, can help you convert more site visitors into buyers.
At Blue Stout, we have some clients who drive approximately 50% of their total (multi-million dollar) revenues entirely from email marketing. And 25% of that total revenue comes from automated flows on Klaviyo.
Klaviyo is our top platform recommendation for email marketing management if you are on Shopify.
Yotpo, a platform to collect customer reviews, is an official Shopify Plus Technology Partner and has more than 1,900 5-star reviews in the Shopify App Store.
When it comes to shopping, people look for reviews, videos, or photos from other people who have already bought and used the product. Positive reviews & recommendations are crucial for converting potential buyers into customers.
Yotpo’s smart algorithm determines which products to request reviews for and sends emails to the customers at the right time. It then helps you gather and manage these reviews all from one single platform.
Gorgias, a customer service platform, is also on our list of recommended Shopify Plus apps. It centralizes your customer support by connecting all channels (email, live chat, phone, Facebook, Instagram) in one place.
Instant resolution of a customer query adds to a good experience and translates to customer loyalty. So Gorgias helps you create templates for standard questions like ‘where is my order.’ This saves the time of your customer support team and reduces the time to reply to the customer.
Compared to other solutions, it has strong integration with the Shopify Plus platform that allows you to see order details for a customer and refund or cancel without leaving the help desk app.
If you have questions about any of this or realize that you need help with scaling your enterprise eCommerce business –> book a call with our team.